Advertisement

You will be redirected to the page you want to view in  seconds.

State police on Saturday notified the families of two adults and three children who were found dead in a cabin in rural Washington Township, Pa. / Nico Salvatori, AP

ELIMSPORT, Pa. (AP) - State police are tentatively blaming an improperly vented propane heater as the cause of death for five people who likely succumbed to carbon monoxide fumes while asleep in a small Pennsylvania cabin.

Trooper Angela Bieber at the state police barracks in Montoursville said Sunday morning that Lycoming County Coroner Charles Keissling is expected to confirm the cause of their deaths later in the day.

Authorities have said the two adults and three children had toxic levels of carbon monoxide in their blood when they were found Saturday. Bieber says there's no indication they tried to escape and all five apparently died in their sleep.

Bieber says a relative of the cabin's owner hosted a get-together Friday night and slept in his truck outside the cabin. He discovered the bodies Saturday.



Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Read the original story: Carbon monoxide suspected in 5 deaths at cabin

More In

test

Real Deals

Flip, shop and save on specials from your favorite retailers in central Ohio.

GET DEALS | COUPONS

Things To Do

FRI
24
SAT
25
SUN
26
MON
27
TUE
28
WED
29
THU
30

CLASSIFIEDS

Classifieds from across Central Ohio
Lancaster
Chillicothe
Newark
Marion
Bucyrus
Mansfield
Zanesville
Coshocton

Weeklies & Shoppers

10TV Headlines

Dispatch Headlines

METROMIX