Beyonce in a Super Bowl promo shoot. / Beyonce.com
Beyonce is ramping up promotion of her Super Bowl halftime performance. The pop superstar recently posted a photo of herself wearing a sexy referee's outfit and has been sending rehearsal pics to Tumblr ahead of Sunday's show.
She has yet to address last week's inauguration controversy, but is expected to be asked questions during Thursday's press conference. The mystery of whether her performance will include a Destiny's Child reunion -- and whether the entertainment press will convince you that you actually care about said reunion -- is expected to linger until Beyonce takes the field at the Superdome.
In the meantime, we're left to ponder the deeper meanings of the referee picture. Here are eight various thoughts:
1. She's probably just as qualified to officiate the Super Bowl as Jerome Boger.
2. Fumble-prone Ray Rice should take note of the way Bey protects the ball.
3. Would the Super Bowl do a higher or lower television rating if all players wore Beyonce's hotpants?
4. Lip synching penalty calls would only fuel conspiracy theories.
5. Did she borrow that from Ed Hochuli?
6. Imagine the damage Tom Brady could have done if he had spiked Ed Reed with those shoes.
7. Unless she's playing against six-year-olds, that stiff arm probably won't be effective.
8. Thank goodness no one made Tom Petty or Bruce Springsteen take similar photos when they performed.
Copyright 2015 USATODAY.com
Read the original story: Beyonce dresses like a sexy referee in Super Bowl promo shoot